It’s good to know the best ways to include super-foods in your meal plans to maximize flavor and enjoyment, while reaping all of the health benefits. Here’s what everyone should know about 3 of the most popular super-foods, and the best ways to include these as ingredients in recipes:
– Raw Honey, and
– Dark Chocolate.
Here’s what you should know about our first favorite super-food condiment: Cinnamon:
1. What can Cinnamon do for my Health?
Pregnant women should avoid consuming an excessive amount of cinnamon. For the rest of us, however, including cinnamon in our diet provides a long list of healthy benefits:
- Lowers LDL cholesterol; lowers the risk of heart disease
- Regulates blood sugar (slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating)
- Treats tough yeast infections
- Improves digestion/colon health
- Reduces inflammation; treats severe arthritis when used regularly
- Aids digestion
- Treats common cold
- Cures headaches
- Scent helps memory and brain function
- Source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium.
Here’s one of our most popular “cinnamon” recipes for you to enjoy: “ESPRESSO” MUFFINS with Delicious Cinnamon Chips
Continue on to the next page to learn about another popular super-food ingredient to include in your meal plans …